tisdag 7 september 2010

Ms.Pretty Smart: Secret Agent!

I saw Olivia Hallie Lehrman perform a little silent act with music, as Ms Pretty Smart at the Wow Cafe the other night. She was pretty, smart and charming. It was so professional, simple and clean. I was so excited and I really looked forward seeing more of her at the Brick Theatre yesterday!!!!

Sorry to say, I was a bit disappointed.
When she was silent the piece worked beautifully, but when she started using her voice, you could see the lack of training as an actor an it disappeared and she failed to reach the audience. The audience stops breathing when the artist does this.
Too many stories are told at the same time on stage. Trust the strength of the simplicity I saw at the show at Wow Cafe!

That said, I loved the idea of the Chinese restaurant and the interactive part with the audience in the beginning was hilarious.

I´m sure a good director could easily solve these problems.

This show has such wonderful potential, I would love to see it again in one year!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar