onsdag 15 september 2010

Ferdinand the magnificent, Circus Luna, Clowns with Gowns

Ferdinand the Magnificent

I enjoyed the first five minutes while the character interacted with the audience. But then, what happened after that?
I couldn`t tell if he was trying to be innocent or not, but for me he was more of a weirdo in a bright  pink body suit  wearing diapers. When he digs his props out from the depths of his diapers over an over again it´s not funny at all, it´s only disgusting.

When the third song started I was hoping it was a send up and that he was just playing with us...
Please don`t sing more than one song - kill your darlings.





Circus Luna

I have seen this group perform before and I really enjoyd theír work, so my expectations were high!!!
Sorry to say, I did not get it at all. Were they making fun of fools??
I´m not sure if this kind of a show belongs in a clown festival. I`m so confused!!!!
Maybe it´s so simple that it`s funny for kids? The night I saw it, one small child laughed like crazy, which made it easier for us in the audience, because we could laugh at him.
Or was this show meant to confuse me?




Clowns with Gowns

They spoiled the brilliant beginning of the show by having someone totally unconnected bring them on stage in suitcases instead of already being in place when the audience entered. There was a moment of such potential when the hand first appeared  but skipped right past it and went on with the show.
They didn´t give birth to anything on stage. It was all forced and and highly choreographed and the story just wasn´t clear.
Don´t act funny, be funny. Breathe! And make sure you know your audience is there!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar