lördag 4 september 2010

Day after Parade & Pie Fight

  Good morning clownfriends!

29 years ago, visiting New York my very first time as an actor student from Helsinki Theatre Academy, I had a feeling of a yearround "clownparade" going on in the city, atleast at Time Square!
Since that everything has been cleaned up a bit...not that many crazy outfits around...

But yesterday it happend at Union Square. Suddenly at 5pm lot of clowns appeared from nowhere, atleast (40?) of them, and at once people standing around showed their smiling faces and looked much happier than five minutes before. Magic!
A young man came to me and asked if I´m an professional, and before I answered he looked at me happy and said" I´m not...I´m an amateur... I just got my first red nose..", and walked smiling away.

And what a parade!! I loved the subway ride to Brooklyn with new born clown fans around!!
We made the day for many people in the subway.
It was simple, stupid, funny, crazy and noisy with all the clowns singing, playing and dancing!
Imagine a rush hour time Friday afternoon at Union Square subway! Wow!

The parade was so funny; with the two police cars, one in the front and one following the parade.
The combination of seeing these sirious policemen doing their job and the clown policemen supporting, was so relaxing and hilarious to watch.

I don´t know what I expected with the pie fight, but it was so well organized and safe to watch.(at lest for me in the audience)
I remember thinking why are people there in their costumes, and at some point I saw many almost undressed clowns smearing cream all over...

Thanks a lot, you made my day too.

I did not see the Opening Cabaret, had to go, still recovering from my jet-lag.

See you on Sunday friends!



Love Lil

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar